Thursday 15 November 2012

Newest Silk Ruffle Cuff in Dark Champagne Shantung Silk


Here's my newest ruffle cuff and it's in a beautiful shantung silk -just like my last one. Only this one's a dark champagne gold that shimmers with the characteristic glow of this particular kind of silk.


It has a wide vintage cotton lace in antique white.




The edges are purposely left raw for a shabby chic feel.
I have finished cuffs off with stitched edges and  the result is quite nice, but usually they tend to look much stiffer, without the flow that these -untreated- ones have.
I suppose it's simply a matter of taste.
Or mood.






The ribbon that secures the cuff to the wrist is natural cotton in a darkish camel beige.




I have some more golden silks I want to try out in these cuffs.
And I'm looking forward to doing some black ones with black lace again, like this one.


Linked to:

3 comments:

  1. I like the dark silk with the white lace...a nice mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is uber-gorgeous!! Very very romantic. I could see this peeking out daintily from a warm winter coat.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and your opinion and/or feedback appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...