Tuesday 2 October 2012

Pirate Treasure Chest Pinata


A little pirate I know had his birthday last week and I promised him a pinata for his party.




There was no doubt about what the pinata would be. 
A treasure chest, without question.





Since I've never actually made a pinata before, I had to look it up.
I got some tips from here and here.



This is the finished pinata from the front, side and back.





The little pirate loved it and so did his little guests.
This can be attested by the glee written all over their little faces and the surprising strength with which they whacked that thing. 

You can safely say that fun was had by all.





I'll be making another one that I promised very soon. 
I'll try and photograph the process step by step and share it with you.





Here's the side opening left for the pirate to fill with loot.



Linked to:



3 comments:

  1. How cute! I'm sure everyone loved it...and the treasure inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinatas? Once you blind fold those kids, step back, they are dangerous with that swinging bat! And now that his friends have seen the fun, I'm sure you'll be getting more requests for pinatas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous idea! The kids would have loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome and your opinion and/or feedback appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...